SHIPPING & RETURNS POLICY
- Shipping Charges
You will see the shipping charge based on order weight before checkout when ordering online. You can opt to pick up in store.
- Shipping Policies
Independent Living Jamaica ships prepaid and will invoice you for the charges. DHL, FedEx or Tara Courier is used whenever possible; however, a "Common Carrier" can be used in special cases.
- When will my order be shipped?
Independent Living Jamaica is fast and efficient. Usually, all orders are shipped on the same day or the next business day. Orders placed over the weekend or on a holiday will be shipped on the following business day. Local shipping (Jamaica) only.
- International Shipping
The shipping costs for all international orders will be determined after the orders are placed completely. Please allow 1-2 business days for us to contact you to inform you of your shipping costs. We ship all international orders via DHL or FedEx which may take 3-5 business days to arrive from the date it ships out and provides you with a tracking number.
- Tracking Your Order
You can review your order information and trace your order at MY ACCOUNT on our website
- Return Policies -
Your happiness is important to us. However, due to the rehabilitation and personal nature of our products, most of our products are non-returnable.
If you would like to return a product, please first check online to see if its page states the item is non-returnable. If not stated online, you may call 876 754 2195 or via “Contact Us Form” to confirm as to whether the product can be returned.
Some items by their nature are simply not returnable. Items marked in their description as non-returnable or defined below are non-returnable items.
- Personal Care Products
- Bath Safety Products.
- Raised Toilet Seats and Commodes
- All Special Order (*sp) Items
- All Custom Items (Braces, Cushions, Collars, Pillows, Respiratory)
- All Clearance Items
- Anything open, used, or tried-on
- Custom Wheelchairs
How to Return a Product
- All returns must have an RA Number.
- Returnable products may be returned up to 7 days after delivery
- The product must be in a re-sellable condition, safety seals unopened
- All parts and accessories must be included and in original packaging
- Shipping Fees are non-refundable and return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
- Return orders are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- If your return is the result of a defective product or shipping error, Independent Living will refund the entire purchase amount and return shipping costs.
Canceling an order
In most cases, once an order is placed, we are not able to cancel the order due to the speed in which we process and ship orders.
If you no longer want a product after the order has been placed, please contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization via email or telephone once you have received the product. Unauthorized returns/refused shipments will not be accepted or credited.
Refused Shipment & Undeliverable Package
If you refuse a package upon arrival or your package is undeliverable due to customer error, we must charge your card for the shipping cost and shipper fee caused by your decision. This policy applies even if your order was originally sent to you via FREE shipping.